My 20-plus years of professional design experience is rooted in years of “agency life,” working with writers, artists, technologists and printers for a wide range of clients.
Working in a big firm gave me invaluable experience, though I found myself wanting to work more directly with clients. I also hoped to volunteer regularly in my community. (Long-term volunteer roles have included serving on the Quincy High School Graphic Design Program Advisory Board, facilitating Talk Time – a conversational English program, tutoring adult literacy students, and teaming up with my dogs as members of Caring Canines, a visiting therapy dog program.)
And so, in 2001, I launched Merry Perry Design, where I enjoy close collaboration with clients, and embrace the challenges of contributing to their success.
• BFA, Advertising Design with Communications Design focus, magna cum laude, with honors – Syracuse University, College of Visual and Performing Arts
• Professional coursework – Minneapolis College of Art and Design; AIGA workshops
• Language and learning – Boston Language Institute – TEFL certification; Literacy Volunteers of MA and Thomas Crane Library – adult literacy tutor training, ESOL facilitator training and various workshops; UMASS Boston – Applied Linguistics coursework
• English – native speaker
• French – conversational/intermediate
• Spanish – basic vocabulary/beginner